About the International Development Foundation
The Foundation was established by the Irish League of Credit Unions to share the Irish credit union experience and work with credit union movements internationally to ensure a collective aim – financial inclusion for people and communities everywhere.
The Foundation provides access to the knowledge, expertise and support required to develop credit unions and achieve financial inclusion in low-income developing countries.
About the CU Challenge 2023
Join the Foundation and Irish credit unions as we walk, run, swim and cycle around the island of Ireland.
For this year’s CU Challenge we want to make every kilometre count. We are going to the 32 counties, passing 100 Credit Unions on our route. We want your credit union to #GoTheDistance – your team can walk, run, swim or cycle throughout the 7 days!
We want credit union teams to #GoTheDistance and help us raise awareness and funds for in support of our work in low-income developing countries. Check out our Taking Part page to see exciting ways your credit union team can take on this year’s CU Challenge and raise funds.
Together we are building a path to enable independence and empower credit union members in the countries where we work.
How it Works
- Register below: Click the link below to register yourself and join your credit union’s team.
- Activate your profile page: Once you register, you will receive an email from iDonate with a link to your profile page, you must activate this page.
- Your profile page: Your profile page is built for tracking your distance in kilometres and for fundraising. Your profile page is automatically linked to your team’s page.
- Tracking your distance: Simply connect your fitness app to your profile page to start tracking your kms. Or input your kms manually – see how to do this here.
- Share your profile page to start fundraising: You’ll find that link in the email that you received from iDonate when you registered or just click the share button on your profile page.
- See here for tips on how you and your credit union team can raise funds.
- Get ready!: Download the iDonate app and from the 10th of October, you can start tracking your kms. Don’t forget to share your journey using #CUChallenge23 #GoTheDistance.